Texas Appellate Law Attorney
Experienced Legal Counsel in All Civil Appeals
If you have put together a strong and compelling case for your client at trial, only to have the judge improperly allow or exclude critical evidence, or to give instructions to the jury that are contrary to law, you will want to protect your client’s rights with a timely appeal. Even though you may be a highly experienced and skilled trial lawyer, it may not be in your client’s best interests for you to personally handle the appeal. You want an attorney who understands the appeals process, who brings the unique skill set necessary to be successful in the appellate courts.
At the law offices of Bailey & Galyen, we bring considerable skill, knowledge, experience and resources to our appellate practice, having represented petitioners and respondents in civil appeals for three decades. We emphasize communication, responsiveness and accessibility—we understand your relationship with your client, and your need to be fully informed of all developments in the appeal. We will work side by side with you, ensuring that we have complete and accurate information at all times, and that we have a clear understanding of your client’s objectives. We will immediately apprise you of any developments in your appeal, and will fully explain your options, as well as your likelihood of success on appeal.
To discuss your case with an experienced Texas civil appeals attorney, contact our office online or call us at one of the numbers listed below.
Our Civil Appellate Practice
When you hire us to handle your civil appeal, we will:
- Exhaustively review the details of your trial, including trial transcripts, to identify errors of law
- Provide an assessment of your likelihood of success on appeal, including an analysis of whether you (or your opponent) have a legitimate basis for an appeal
- Thoroughly research the law related to the issues on appeal
- Prepare all documents and pleadings required throughout the appeal, including appellate briefs
- Be your advocate in all proceedings, including motions, as well as oral arguments before the appellate court
Attorney Paul F. Wieneskie, of Bailey & Galyen’s civil appeals group, has successfully argued civil appeals in the Texas courts for over 35 years. We have represented clients in civil appeals involving:
- Business and commercial matters
- Real estate disputes
- Fiduciary matters, including business and probate/estate disputes
- Family law and divorce disagreements
We understand that many outstanding trial attorneys do not have the inclination, experience or the time to represent their clients in civil appeals. The clients that we represent in civil appeals come to us exclusively as referrals from other lawyers.
Contact Our Office
To discuss your appeal, send us an e-mail or call us at one of the numbers listed below. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. Se habla español.